Explorers Post 433
The Miami Township Police Department, along with the West Carrollton Police Department and the Law Enforcement Exploring program, provides young adults, who may be interested in a career in law enforcement, with a comprehensive program of training, competition, service and practical experiences. Character development, physical fitness, good citizenship and patriotism are integral components of the overall program. Through their involvement in the program, Explorers develop an awareness of the purpose, mission and objectives of law enforcement agencies.
- To provide a program of training that educates young adults on the purpose, mission and objectives of law enforcement agencies.
- To provide an opportunity for service, practical experiences, competition and recreation.
- To help prepare Explorers become better citizens and community members through character development, physical fitness, good citizenship and patriotism.
Requirements for Membership:
- 14 to 20 years of age and a U.S. citizen or legal resident. If the Explorer is 14 years of age, they must have completed the 8th grade.
- Have a high school diploma (or GED equivalent) or be currently enrolled and attending school.
- The Explorer must be of sound mental and physical health and possess no deficiency which would deter them from a law enforcement career. Explorers also must be in excellent physical condition, with weight proportion to height and body frame.
- Pass a physician’s or licensed health-care practitioner’s medical evaluation and be documented on an Explorer Medical Evaluation form.
- Have no record of arrest or conviction for criminal offenses or crimes of moral turpitude.
- Must not have more than three moving violations and/or at fault accidents during the past 24 months
- Applicants under the age of eighteen (18) must have written permission from both parents or legal guardian(s) to participate in the Explorer Program.
- Explorer applicants are required to pass an extensive background investigation.
- No illegal use, past or present, of illegal drugs or abuse of prescribed drugs.
- No dismissal from any Explorer Post for dishonorable reasons.
- No termination from any employment for any type of theft or deception.
- Must meet all membership requirements of Learning for Life. Color, race, religion, gender, sexual orientation, ethnic background, economic status, and citizenship are NOT criteria for membership in Learning for Life.
- Explorers do not have to be residents of Miami Township. However; it is encouraged that applicants that have an Explorer program in their city of residence participate in that respective program.
Persons who meet the requirements for membership may fill out the post approved applications here: Print Application and Instructions Form
The application forms are to be fully completed and all the information in the application is to be factual. Any falsification or misrepresentation of any information in the application is immediate grounds for disqualification or termination from Post 433.
Once the application is completed, turn it in at the Miami Township Police Department, 2660 Lyons Road, Miamisburg, OH, 45342. Leave the application with a records clerk at the front desk in a 9” x 12” manila envelope addressed to Ofc. Hupp. You may also return it to the West Carrollton PD, 300 E. Central Avenue for Ofc. Selmon.
Police Department office hours are Monday-Friday, 7:30 a.m. - 4 p.m.
|Ofc. Hupp or Ofc. Selmon - W. Carrollton PD|
|(937) 433-2301 (937) 859-3688|
For more about the Explorers program: https://www.exploring.org/