The Miami Township Compliance Department was created in 2014 to ensure that the township operates within the laws of the state of Ohio and United States federal laws.
Promoting the highest standards of integrity, the Compliance Department is the central township office for matters of ethics, legal and regulatory requirements.
The department is accountable for identifying compliance risks, communicating compliance requirements, training, and integrating new practices and policies that help the township achieve its goal of building a first-class service organization.
The Chief Compliance and Ethics Officer and the Compliance Department staff also:
- Conduct internal audits
- Audit financial statements
- Provide internal controls
- Review contracts
- Ensure township wide compliance to Home Rule
- Ensure township compliance with RC-1, RC-2 and RC 3 record retention
- Oversee Public Records Requests
- Provide township wide ethics training
- Oversee and manage Ohio Bureau Worker Compensation claims with the finance director
- Provide compliance related counsel to department heads
- Advise board of trustees on compliance related matters
- Maintain Miami Twp. Employee Manual
- Conduct human resource functions with finance and administration departments
- Manage Drug Free Safety Program testing (includes pre-employment, random and post-accident drug tests)
- Fraud Hotline management