Thank you for considering Miami Township as a future employer. When any positions are available they will be posted below.
Fleet Maintenance Mechanic - Public Works
Full time-non exempt fleet maintenance mechanic position. The primary responsibility is to perform general overhaul and repair work on automobiles, emergency services vehicles, light and heavy trucks, gasoline and diesel motors, tractors, bulldozers, graders and other government owned equipment. Inspect and diagnose problems on vehicle fleet. Able to perform all basic tasks in roadway maintenance; apply rock salt and plow snow using vehicles requiring a Class A CDL. The salary range for the position is $19.38 to $27.60 per hour with full benefits. Deadline to apply is April 1, 2019 by 3:30 p.m.
Minimum Qualifications: Education & Experience:
- High school diploma or GED required;
- Completion of recognized apprenticeship program leading toward a journeyman rank as an automotive mechanic, and four (4) years of full-time experience in skilled automotive equipment maintenance, OR any equivalent combination of related education, certifications, experience and training which provides the required knowledge, skills and abilities;
- Valid Class A Commercial Driver’s License with air brake endorsement at time of hire or attained within six (6) months of hire and maintain licensure during employment;
Required Knowledge, Skills & Ability:
- Considerable knowledge of standard practices and equipment of the automotive mechanic trade;
- Considerable knowledge of the principles of operation of gasoline and diesel engines and of mechanical repair on heavy trucks and construction equipment;
- Knowledge of the occupational hazards and safety precautions of the trade;
- Ability to adapt available tools and repair parts to specific repair problems;
- Skill in the use and care of hand and machine tools employed in motor repair and adjustment work;
- Skill in adjusting defects in heavy automotive equipment;
- Ability to learn and function within the areas of machinery, facilities, materials, methods and procedures used in this type of work environment;
- Ability to accurately complete work orders using a computer and fleet software system;
- Comply with safety rules and regulations;
- Ability to establish, maintain and foster positive and harmonious working relationships with those contacted in the course of work;
- Knowledge of a variety of skilled maintenance and manual tasks;
- Ability to understand and follow oral and written instructions;
- Capable of communicating effectively both verbally and in writing;
- Capable of identifying occupational hazards;
- Ability to read and write legibly for official record keeping.
Patrol Officer - Lateral Entry
Full time police officer position. The primary responsibility is to protect the lives and property of the people of Miami Township, to enforce the laws of the state and the ordinances of the township and to serve the people in whatever way necessary within the scope of their particular assignment. The salary range for the position is $58,468 to $67,516 with excellent benefits.
Education, Training and/or Experience:
High school diploma or equivalent and Ohio Peace Officer Training Academy (O.P.O.T.A.) certified upon appointment. Requires a valid Ohio driver’s license.
Required Knowledge, Skills & Ability:
Requires strength in inter-personal skills as well as the ability to work independently. Must possess leadership skills and knowledge of current law enforcement strategies. Requires ability to handle stressful situations and exhibit compassion and good judgment when dealing with the public.
View the MTPD Selection Process Procedure (Section B-Lateral Entry), the Police Officer Job Description, and to download the required Application Form below, or apply in person Monday-Friday (except holidays) 8AM – 4PM. All applications must be postmarked by March 15, 2019, or you may deliver it no later than March 15, 2019, at 4 p.m. to: Miami Township Police Department, 2660 Lyons Road, Miami Township, Ohio.