- Community Development
- Code Enforcement
Requests for Service - Zoning and Property Maintenance Standards
Miami Township actively monitors and enforces community standards adopted under the zoning Resolution and the Exterior Property Maintenance Resolution. Miami Township zoning inspectors are tasked with most of the day-to-day work of addressing resident and business concerns regarding adherence to these standards throughout the community. This service protects the property values of our neighborhoods and commercial areas by addressing nuisance issues and other situations where properties may not be in compliance with the adopted standards.
Community Development Department staff also work with commercial property owners to meet township regulations pertaining to landscaping, lighting and site improvements.
Services provided by the inspectors include:
- Regular visits to each neighborhood to identify potential zoning violations
- Investigation of complaints received by the Community Development Department concerning potential violations
- Investigation and processing of properties that may need abatement due to neglected lawns, or the placement of junk or other debris around the property
- Working with property owners and insurance companies in cases of fire damage to ensure timely removal of hazardous or blighting conditions
- Apartment complex inspections
- Commercial code enforcement review of signage, landscaping and lighting standards
- Responding to general questions and inquiries regarding zoning and property maintenance standards
To file a Request for Service and report a possible zoning violation online, please follow the link below to Citizenserve to submit a service request that will be reviewed by staff as soon as possible.