Miami Township actively monitors and enforces community standards adopted under the Zoning Resolution and the Exterior Property Maintenance Resolution. Miami Township has one part-time Zoning Inspector who is tasked with most of the day to day work of addressing resident concerns regarding the adherence to these standards throughout the community. This service protects the property values of our neighborhoods by addressing nuisance issues and other situations where properties may not be in compliance with the adopted standards.
The Community Development Department also has staff work with commercial properties to meet Township regulations pertaining to landscaping, lighting, and site improvements.
Some of the enforcement activities include:
- Regular visits to each neighborhood to identify potential zoning violations
- Investigation of complaints received by the Community Development Department concerning potential violations
- Investigation and processing of properties that may need abatement due to neglected lawns, or the placement of junk or other debris around the property
- Working with property owners and insurance companies in cases of fire damage to ensure timely removal of hazardous or blighting conditions
- Apartment complex inspections
- Commercial code enforcement review of signage, landscaping, and lighting standards
To report a possible zoning violation online, please follow the link below to Citizenserve to submit a complaint that will be reviewed by staff as soon as possible.